Teen Drivers Ed Courses
Teens may begin classroom driver education as young as age 15 years and 9 months, but may not begin driving until they are 16 years of age and have obtained a learner's permit. The Registry of Motor Vehicles requires the driver education course to be completed within a two year period. All students who sign up will create an online account that allows you to check the status of your account, make payments, and schedule on-road driving lessons and sign up for appointment reminders!
A 2-hour parent class must be completed in order for students to schedule their on-road driving lessons.
For teens to be eligible for a road test, they must complete a full driver education course and hold a learner's permit for six months. Our driving school includes all the required hours needed for teens to complete their driver education courses and includes the use of our driver education vehicle for the road test. No additional fee's for the use of a driver education vehicle for the road test with a full package.
- Our full package includes everything listed below, at a discounted price
- Online Access
- Required 30-Hour Driver Ed Class
- Required 12-Hour In-Car Driving Lessons
- Required 2-Hour Parent Class
- No additional charge for students who have completed a full driver ed. course through our school, to use one of our driving school vehicles for a road test
Payment Plan Breakdown:
- $108.00 Paid to register and sign up for a class
- $150.00 Paid by the 1st week of class, must be paid before last class or the final exam can not be taken
- $150.00 paid to schedule the 1st & 2nd on-road lessons, student account balance must be $400 or less
- $150.00 paid to schedule the 3rd & 4th on-road lessons, student account balance must be $200 or less
- $150.00 paid to schedule the 5th & 6th on-road lessons, student account balance must be paid in full
THIS COURSE IS FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE COMPLETED A 30 HOUR DRIVER EDUCATION CLASS
The State of Massachusetts requires those under the age of 18 to complete 12 hours of certified behind-the-wheel driving. Nichols Driving School can help you fulfill this requirement in a timely fashion. All of our vehicles are equipped with a passenger side brake so you can rest assured the instructor is in control at all times.
The State of Massachusetts requires all students who would like to obtain a license before the age of 18 to complete a 30-hour driver education course. Our driving school instructors are well versed in the state curriculum requirements and know how to make the classes educational and enjoyable at the same time.
- 30-Hour Driver Ed Course
- 2-Hour Parent Class
- Online Access
Every parent/guardian is required to attend a 2 hour class to become aware of the driver education their child will receive. Massachusetts strives to have parents involved in every aspect of their child's driving. This class explains the ever-changing regulations and allows you to ask questions and know what to expect. This course is included free of charge in our Full Package as well as our 30 hour Classroom offerings. We currently accept parents whose students are attending a full drivers education program at another driving school for a $25 fee.